We’re seeking 4 undergraduate students to join our team for the 2021-22 academic year!
We’re looking for folks who will apply their knowledge, skills, & talents to individual & team projects. In doing so, we see our student team members as ones who:
- help cultivate & spread an ethic & practice of sustainability;
- take a leadership role in sustainability projects on campus;
- serve as a liaison for the Office of Sustainability;
- help with office support duties;
- assist with the campus battery recycling program;
- attend a weekly staff meeting;
- attend all office-sponsored events; &
- attend sustainability trainings & other events.
We’re looking for self-motivated, team-oriented, collaborative, & detail-oriented individuals, who are capable of independent work and interested in learning more about themselves and sustainability.
We ask our students to work 15 hours per week beginning one week prior to the start of the fall semester through the last week of classes for the spring semester. Because we want academics to be your top priority, we do not expect you to work during finals week, and because we all need some downtime, we don’t expect you to work when classes are not in session.
We love having folks from all backgrounds, so the positions are open to students from any academic discipline, who will have sophomore, junior, or senior standing. We also want the position to be accessible for people from all socio-economic backgrounds, so we pay a living wage and encourage work study students to apply.
Positions currently accepting applications within the Office of Sustainability include:
If you’re interested, please see the listings available through the Weagle Workers webpage. When applying you will need to include the following uploads with your application:
1. a cover letter describing your interest in the position & your relevant experience;
2. resumé, including name and contact info for at least one on-campus reference;
3. transcript (unofficial copy is fine); &
4. a work sample highlighting skills in writing/presenting, design, OR videography.
The application deadline is Sunday, February 28.
For questions, please feel free to contact our office.