- This event has passed.
At Home Beekeeping Series
December 20, 2022 @ 6:30 pm - 7:30 pm
An event every week that begins at 6:30 pm on Tuesday, repeating until January 13, 2023
The Alabama A&M and Auburn Universities Extension office is offering beekeepers the chance to attend virtual meetings from the comfort of one’s own homes using a computer or mobile device. Each event will bring participants up to date on timely beekeeping topics. Time for Q&A included.
• August 30- Planting and managing wildflowers for forage, with K. Parys (USDA-ARS)
• Sept. 27- Behavior, chemical ecology, and genetics of Varroa destructor, with T. Reams (TAMU)
• Oct. 25- Breeding and performance of bees with Varroa Sensitive Hygiene, with F. Rinkevich (USDA-ARS)
• Nov. 29- Liquid gold: A crash course on the types and properties of honey, with P. Lau (USDA-ARS)
• Jan. 31- Seasonal efficacy of Varroa treatments- with C. Jack (UFL)
• Feb. 28- TBD, with E. Amiri (MSU)
• March 28- BMPs from BIP: the National Loss and Management Survey, with G. Williams (AU)
• April 25- TBD, with L. Bartlett (UGA)
• May 30- Water foraging, with T. Webster (KSU)
• June 27, TDB, with E. Walsh (USDA-ARS)