The Auburn University Office of Sustainability is offering unpaid student internship opportunities for the 2017-18 school year beginning with the Fall semester in August.
Students interested in or passionate about sustainability, who want to make a difference by applying their talents, training, and skills in ways that will support Auburn University in its move toward sustainability, are encouraged to apply.
Interns will be involved in a variety of individual and team projects, and are expected to work 10 hours per week when classes are in session.
Specifically, we are looking for interns who can help us in one or more of the following three areas:
• Content Creation: graphic design, writing, behavior-change campaigns
• Communications and Outreach: social media, student/employee engagement, and event planning and promotion
• Policy and Research: assisting in the development of strategic sustainability initiatives, both in the office and across campus
In applying specific skills, interns will:
• be part of a team to cultivate and spread an ethic and practice of sustainability
• take a leadership role in sustainability projects on campus,
• serve as a representative for the Office of Sustainability,
• help with office support duties,
• attend a weekly intern meeting, and
• have opportunities to attend sustainability conferences and other events.
Internships are open to students from any academic discipline, who will have sophomore, junior, or senior standing. Candidates must be self-motivated, team-oriented, collaborative, and capable of independent work.
If you’re interested, please apply by sending electronic copies of the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
1. transcript (unofficial copy is fine)
2. resumé, including name and contact info for at least one on-campus reference
3. a brief statement of interest and description of your relevant experience
4. evidence of skills and proficiency in at least one of the areas of need identified above
Application deadline is 5:00 pm, Friday, March 10th
For questions, please feel free to contact our office.