Post contributed by Laure Butcher, Personal Training Coordinator, Campus Recreation
We all need the benefit of someone else’s expertise at some point in our lives. Whether making a big decision or learning a new task, relying on the skills and experience of a professional is something we consider in all life’s major decisions (well, almost).
Take January 1 and April 15, for instance. These are two days people naturally associate with health and finances. Wellness and fiscal responsibility both require continuous effort and attention. If you’re waiting until the New Year or the tax deadline to seek counsel, you’re already way behind. You wouldn’t leave your taxes to an amateur, so why settle for anything less when it comes to your health and wellness?
Certified personal trainers are a great place to start and can help guide you through twists and turns in your fitness journey. You may not be the expert, but you don’t have to go it alone.
• Develop appropriate exercise programs based on your current fitness level and your future goals
• Closely supervise your progress and continually make changes to your program
• Instruct proper movement patterns, form and technique
• Provide accountability and motivation throughout your journey
• Instill how to exercise safely and effectively to achieve lifelong fitness
Seeking out guidance and support is one of the smartest things one can do to achieve success in any situation. Personal health is no exception. So let’s get started!