The Auburn University Office of Sustainability is offering unpaid student internship opportunities for the 2015-16 school year beginning with the Fall semester in August.
Students interested in or passionate about sustainability who want to make a difference by applying their talents, training, and skills in ways that will support Auburn University in its move toward sustainability are encouraged to apply.
Interns will be involved in a variety of individual and team projects, and are expected to work 10 hours per week when classes are in session.
Specifically, we are looking for interns who can help us in one or more of the following three areas:
• Content creation: graphic design and/or writing
• Communications and Public Relations: social media, student engagement, event planning, and promotion
• Policy and Research: assisting the Office in the further development of Auburn’s Climate Action Plan, Sustainability Strategic Plan, and other office initiatives
In applying specific skills interns will:
• be part of the team in the Office to help cultivate and spread an ethic and practice of sustainability at Auburn University
• take a leadership role in sustainability projects on campus
• serve as a liaison for the Office of Sustainability and publicize activities
• help with some office support duties
• attend a weekly intern meeting
• have opportunities to attend sustainability conferences and other events
Internships are open to students who will have sophomore, junior, or senior standing. Candidates must be self-motivated, team-oriented, collaborative, and capable of independent work.
If you’re interested, please apply by sending electronic copies of the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
1. transcript (unofficial copy is fine)
2. resumé, including name and contact info for one on-campus reference person
3. a brief statement of interest and description of your relevant experience
4. evidence of skills and proficiency in at least one of the areas of need identified above
Application deadline is 5:00 pm, Friday, April 3rd
For questions, please feel free to contact our office.